Discover ways to make smooth funnel cake bites at domestic! Crisp at the outdoor, fluffy on the interior. Even higher than funnel cakes! 3 exceptional dippings sauces!
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar optional
- 2 cups milk I used almond milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour sifted2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Canola oil for frying
- powdered sugar
- In a large bowl whisk together egg, oil, butter, vanilla extract, milk and sugar (if using)
- Gently stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir until flour is combined. Batter will and should be a little bit lumpy.
- Heat oil on med-high in a deep skillet.
- When oil is hot, do a test by dropping a bit of batter into the oil. (The batter should begin to fry calmly instantly. If it smokes, sputters or browns quickly the oil is too hot)
- Use a mini ice cream scoop and scoop out the batter and drop it into the oil. (work quickly and be careful not to crowd the batter)
- Fry till golden on both facets.
- Removed from oil and area a paper-towel covered plate.
- Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar.
- Devour right away.