- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup hot water
- Oil (for frying)
- blend the glaze components collectively and set apart.
- In a small bowl sift together the cake flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. In a big blending bowl beat the butter and sugar together until properly mixed (the texture can be sandy). Upload the egg yolks and mix well. Advertisement
- Add the dry substances in three batches, alternating with the sour cream, and finishing with flour.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Whilst the dough is nearly completed chilling, make the glaze via whisking together all substances in a huge shallow bowl.
- Dispose of the dough from the refrigerator and roll it out on a floured surface to approximately half of inch thickness. Use a donut cutter (or round biscuit cutters) to cut as many donuts out as viable.
- You ought to get round 12. Advertisement
- Pour about 2 inches of canola oil right into a heavy bottomed pot. Heat the oil to 325° F.
- Fry the donuts 2-three at a time, being cautious not to overcrowd the pot. Fry for about 2 mins on every facet, being cautious not to let them burn.
- Dispose of them to a plate covered with paper towels to absorb the grease.
- Area a wire cooling rack above a sheet pan.
- Dip donuts inside the glaze, covering on every aspect, and vicinity on the wire rack. Let take a seat for 15-20 mins till glaze is set.
- Donuts are high-quality served without delay, however you can shop them in an air tight box at room temperature for some days.
More of Delicious Recipes You’ll Love!