When it involves classic summer salads, the spiced onion and tomato cucumber recipe tastes like summer! This special recipe is from Womack House, an fatherland kitchen in Fulcher, Texas
Anyone who grew up around a garden or a family member who gardened on a tomato, cucumber, and onion salad. It is a must-have side dish in summer. Angie’s sauce is perfect with just the right balance between sweet and refreshing. Sometimes we think these salads are a little refreshing, but this salad is a perfect fit. Tastes like pure summer.
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, sliced and divided into rings
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, chopped (optional)
Combine all ingredients during a large bowl.
My heart mix well.
Putting it in fridge a minimum of 2 h before serve .