- 1 cup chocolate chip Toll House Morsels Semi-Sweet Chocolate 2 For $4.00
- 2 cups pecans
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) bags caramels
- 1 1/3 cups water ( or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil ( or as called for by your cake mix)
- 3 eggs ( or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (18 ounce) boxes German chocolate cake mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease one 9×13 inch pan.
- Prepare ready-mix consistent with package directions and pour 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for quarter-hour .
- In a saucepan melt caramels, 3/4 cup of the butter or margarine, and milk , pour over baked cake.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and chopped pecans over caramel mixture.
- Pour remaining cake batter on top and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cool and frost.
- To Make Frosting: Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter or margarine and therefore the unsweetened chocolate together. Remove from heat and add the syrup , vanilla, confectioner’s sugar, and milk, mix well and use to frost cooled cake.